Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 2 of "30 Days of Me Challenge"

Today's Challenge:

Day 2 - The meaning behind your blog name.

Well... this took some careful consideration (and a "code name generator")  to decide...lol

Scattered Plastic....  not something you would normally hear or consider being a "blog name".  Normally people go with something along the like of "So&So's Blog" or "My Journey" or such... but if you know me, you know I'm not the "normal" type.  Scattered Plastic was chosen because of how I feel it associates with my life.  Let me dissect it for you....

Scattered --- My life, as most people know, is not simple...  It does not stay in one piece.  I am all over the place with myself, including my emotions.  I am thrown around between family drama.  I have always been the "peace maker" with my family until just a few years ago.  Finally I threw the towel in and decided that it was time for ME to start picking up the pieces of my life and being able to put them back together.  This is and always will be an ongoing process though.  So "Scattered" to me means being able to put myself out there for availability for everyone, yet keep just enough of myself here to stay "me".  I'd never want to completely pull myself away from any one or any situation that I can be of use in.  Sometimes I scatter myself too thin though and have to pull back out for a while.  Don't worry though, I recoup after a short timeout! (ha ha)

Plastic ---  Well, think about this... most of our common items around our households and such are made of plastic... it's functional, it's not expensive to maintain or build, it's lightweight and durable, but yet without care it can easily break into a million pieces.  But yet plastic is soft enough that it even with a sharp edge is less likely to cut someone than say metal or glass.  So my life is like plastic...  i can take on many shapes or forms (mom, wife, friend, employee). You can drop me, toss me around, but don't throw me or I'll break.(I can deal with a lot on my plate at a time, but when my plate is full I may crack)  I can easily be replaced (like Gladware lol), so i must work hard to maintain my sustainability as to not be replaced. (like keeping my life and health in check).

So, SCATTERED PLASTIC ---  It's like re-gluing an old lamp after it gets bumped off the end table, just because you want to keep it around.  You like it.. .no, you LOVE it, so you constantly are picking up the pieces and putting them back together.  That's my life.  No matter how many times I get frustrated, sad, upset, happy, joyous, strained, lost or found, I will ALWAYS stand back up and glue back together the Scattered Pieces of Plastic.  

2 comments: