Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 4 of "30 Days of Me Challenge"

Today's challenge:

Day 4 - A habit that you wish you didn't have.

Ok, the easiest answer to this would be "smoking cigarettes".... but you know my answers are never "easy"... although I wish I would have NEVER picked up a cigarette again when i had quit for almost 2 years!!! Ugh... what was I thinking... Stupid Self!!!

But no, that is NOT my answer... my answer is "BEING LATE"..... I am ALWAYS late to everything... It's so bad that people tell me to be somewhere 1/2hour to an hour ahead of time so that I make it there on time!  Yeah, it's that bad...  I have been late all my life...  my first grading period of high school I got a Saturday Detention (the "bad" one) for being tardy to school more than 3 times...  shoot, knowing me, I was probably late being born!  (if so, sorry mom! lol)  

God knows that i have TRIED to break this habit... tried leaving the house early or getting up earlier or preparing the night before for the next day if I have somewhere to go, but it just NEVER seems to work out in my favor.  I am always late... even the church choir tells me to show up 15 minutes before they do!  (How bad is that, right?!?!)  Maybe I'm just destined to be late... why God has given me this flaw to have others joke about it at my expense is still beyond me, but hey, He's God and He knows what He's doing, right?  :-)

But with any luck, I'll be late to my own funeral... I'd prefer to stick around for a long while.. I look forward to growing old with my husband.  (I think we'll be that cute old couple you walk past in the mall that is in their 80's still holding hands...)



2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea.
    I think I'm going to do this. I'll also try to follow along with your updates!

    Feel free to follow my silly blog as well. It's mostly where I got ramble about crafty artsy things...or jabber on about my writing and talk to my character like they're my friends, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! I look forward to reading your ramblings!!! Eventually i'm sure that's what mine will turn into... or maybe a second challenge! :-)

      Delete